Well here it is everybody! I finally completed my homemade marker water colour test with our spring art that we did this past week. Let's start from the beginning. For my spring art this year I had my students draw their spring flower with pencil on 90 weight water colour paper (I cut it in half). They then coloured their flower with oil pastels. When this was done students painted over their flowers with water colours. Before the paint dried we put coarse salt all over the paper which gives the background quite a neat looking texture.
I then decided to try the same art with my homemade water colour markers. I have to admit I didn't think it was really going to look all that great, but I have to say that I am pretty impressed with the results. It is a bit lighter then I would have preferred but I believe that if I soak more markers in one jar maybe the colour might get more vibrant. That will be an experiment for another day! FYI the coarse salt also seemed to work its magic on the marker water colour. See the pictures below for the results: