Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Persuasive Writing, Earth Day & Doubles Math Facts


Hey Everybody!

Things have been really busy in my room for the past few weeks.  We have been going full force with persuasive writing and are just about to dive into story writing.  The things that my students are writing about in their persuasive pieces have been hilarious and heart warming all at the same time.  It is great to see all of my students so passionate about so many things.  We even had one little boy moved to tears in his persuasive letter.  It was precious!  We also have been really busy with earth day activities.  I found an amazing recycled art project on Pinterest that I could not resist.  The kids and I did it today and boy do our recycled flowers look beautiful on our bulletin board (pictures to come).  The activity can be found on the following blog: artiswhatiteach.blogspot.ca/2011/05/3rd-grade-recycled-daisies-and.html.  There are so many fantastic art ideas on this blog.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!  We also have gone out and cleaned up the school yard and written persuasive letters around the topic of taking care of our earth.

On another note, I have just put up a Delightful Doubles unit our Teachers Pay Teachers store.  I found that this year some of my little ones were just not getting doubles.  So I put together a package full of things that helped them to master these basic facts.  This doubles package includes:

-My Book of Doubles (a printable book for students to draw their own pictures of doubles facts to reinforce facts 1+1 up to 10+10)
-Doubles flash cards (with and without dot picture prompts)
-Doubles Memory math center game
-2 Doubles Connect 5 math games
-2 I Have, Who Has? activities
-3 doubles worksheets (matching, fill in the blanks, doubles addition with dot pictures)
-Suggestions on how to use each activity are included in this package

 Happy Wednesday everyone!!! Only two days to go!

 Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment