Sunday, April 29, 2012

Press Here!

This week my students participated in a writing activity inspired by the book Press Here by Herve Tullet.  If you have not read this book with your students yet, you must!  My class and I were giggling and smiling the whole time while reading this interactive book.  All of my students were able to interact in some way with this book, whether it be by pressing dots or shaking the book.  It truly is a fun read!
After we finished reading Press Here I got my students to create their own Press Here inspired stories.  I left this assignment very open so students could be free to use their imaginations - title, content etc. was all up to them!  Their ideas were absolutely fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed reading and interacting with each one of their original books.  I included each book in our classroom library so all of the students can enjoy these fun books.
To create these books we made a simple swoosh book.  I call it a swoosh book, not really sure what the exact term is.  For directions on how to make this mini-book click here.  I bought colourful blank circular price stickers from the dollar store as the dots for their stories.  These dots can also be drawn by hand. 

Here are some pictures of just a few of the Press Here creations from my classroom:

 

I am telling you my class had so much fun making these books!  I would absolutely suggest you try it in your own classrooms - big smiles and so much fun to be had!
Hope you all have a great weekend!  I am loving the warm weather here this weekend!  I was able to get lots of yard work done today!!
Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment